Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Have I become a cynic

2 major incidences have made me wonder - have I become a cynic:

1) Bombings in Islamabad, Pakistan: My first reaction to the news - As the world ( specially the US) starts blaming Islamic countries and specially Pakistan for the increasing terrorism in the world, Pakistan is trying to change its image. hey ! we are not the perpetrators but victims of violence.

2) Delhi Bombings and SUCH quick action: Were those terrorist encounters really true. When was the last time our security forces were in a postion to crack cases so quicly? Never ! Had we been so smart then why havent we been able to crack Lucknow, Jaipur, Ahemdabad, Bangalore cases. All these blasts were also a part of the chain that led to the delhi blasts.Had the job of the Home Minister not been in danger , would things have appeared the way they are now ? I have my doubts. Seems to me more like a last ditch effort by the minister to achieve his target and save his job !

1 comment:

Nishit said...

As for the second incident, it's abnormal enough to raise eyebrows, but look at this way : police is known from time to time, to take such affirmative action when situation becomes desperate! Also remember that a police inspector also died in that encounter. It would be too far-fetched to say that in "staged" encounter they also killed an officer to make it look real..