Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rainy Day

Rain Rain Go Away
Come Again another day
Little girl wants to play
Rain Rain Go away

This year has been a exceptionally rainy year. After ages I am seeing green every where- creeper's on every roof top and poles available, green and shining trees, algae in every exposed nook and corner. Woa its the raining season ! What I am missing though at this time is a rainy day ! I recall those good old days when I used to get up in the morning to go to school and it would be raining cats and dogs. Then my mom would declare- "aaj school band hai since its raining so much" and I would go back to sleep - happy and excited.

Today is a rainy day! kids in the colony would make paper boats and float them. There would be hundreds and thousands of earthworms crawlling around in the garden.This year however, I am yet to see any earthworms in my garden. Makes me wonder have they gone extinct or what.Need to investigate and find out the reason behind there disapperance. I want those crawlly, creepy things back in my garden !

Meanwhile I am waiting for a rainy day at work with baited breath. one day I will wake up and mom will say ' aaj office band hai since its raining so much". what a dream ..Sigh !

No comments: