Thursday, April 3, 2008

Goa Trip- Planning

It was one of those hectic afternoon where everyone in the office was going about finishing there work and me in lucknow & PJ in Pune were busy chatting with each other. We both were suffering from “ broken heart syndrome”, a disease that can be only cured by chatting about our respective lost love.

Suddenly, PJ came up with an idea, “Lets go on a vacation together. It will be a nice change “. I agreed it was a great idea and so the planning began. The location identified for our sojourn was Goa. All we needed was to identify 2-3 more people to go along with us.

The first persons whose name came to our mind was “ DC”. DC has a great sense of humour and a permanent positive attitude towards life, was unanimously nominated by me & PJ for the trip. Now we needed a second guy to accompany DC and share the room rentals too.. This was a tough choice.. PJ suggested “KST” and I suggested – well no one :).. But I had my reservations on KST ( which were to change very soon)-

a) Me & KST were just acquaintances and I wasn't too sure how comfortable I will be with him on the trip

b) I still remember that during my training days when one of my neighbors asked- RT How do you know KST. You know “ KST is a very intelligent guy and he scored exceptionally high percentage in his school days. Now I have always been a firm believer that if its me scoring those exceptionally high scores then its because I am intelligent as well as diligent but if it is anyone else then the person has to be a “ BOOK WORM” .. And I dont gel well with bookworms !!!

So I suggested to PJ maybe we should make it an all girls trip. PJ objected – RT we need men on the trip to carry our luggage ! I bowed to PJs knowledge of men and the decision was taken- Me, PJ, DC & KST were going to Goa !!!!

I was to inform DC and PJ to KST about there nomination for the trip. As expected both the guys were grateful and deliriously happy.

What was amazing was that KST was the most enthusiastic about the trip. He quickly booked our air tickets from New Delhi to Goa. I made some jugaad for room bookings which didnt work out in the end :(. My concurrent auditor arranged for rooms in State Bank of India guest house. PJ prepared a list of things that we needed to carry with us for the trip- a raincoat, ( to wear on the beach in Goa ? yeah to avail the off season discount we were going there in the rainy season), loads of shorts and t-shirts, and a iistri ( iron) to dry our clothes with. The istri part is a joke for the group till date. DC was surfing the net and trying to find out the best beaches and places to visit in Goa.

No comments: