Sunday, April 13, 2008

Relationships

Relationship between a man and a woman is something that never stops intriguing me. I think maybe I can right a whole book on it . I have a cousin who is a divorcee now but continues to keep the karwa chauth and the teej fasts for her ex- husband. Not only does she keep the fasts she will dress up like a new bride and keep nir jal fasts. I need to mention here is that the divorce was initiated from her end.

Another of my friend on being asked

Me - Have you ever been into a relationship?
He -With look of pride- "I have been into a few".
Me- Few ? aah ok. Were you unlucky in love
He- Umm no .. they were good while they lasted
Me- ok. BTW how many were this " few"
He- About Six
Me - SIX !!! So who ditched whom?
He- Well it was a tie. 3 times each

And I wonder is it mentally possible for a human being to be in a relationship six times. Or was it just crush and lust.

Another of my friend was into a live in relationship for about 3 years. Eventually they got married. I had the grand opportunity of meeting them just a week after there mariage and be a spectator to there bickering. Uff, made me wonder WHY the hell did they bother getting married.

A colleague of mine got married to her boyfriend of 7 years. A long pending wish just got fulfilled. On returning from her honeymoon i asked:

ME- Hey ! How are things with you guys?
SHE- ok.
ME- How was the honeymoon?
SHE- Boring
ME- Boring ? I hope everything is alright?
SHE- Yeah.. But life is generally boring.

umm ok. Thank God !!! I am single and life isnt boring for me.. Atleast not as yet

No comments: